Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Shabby Chic Roses & Milk Churns

Well I just couldnt resist these.  LOVE by Amy Butler, came out a few months back now, but had so many enquiries for some of her designs, that i bought some in and wow, I d like to keep them all for myself.

A few years back I was living in an old 17th centry cottage on the Warwickshire & Northamptonshire border in the midlands UK, i was the shabby chic queen, every room had roses in, from Cath Kidston & Laura Ashley, roses in the garden too.  I had pretty cafe style curtains at my windows in the old kitchen which was a delight and a 1970s gas fired AGA.  I collected the old fashioned  milk churns in those days and used them as bar stools, with pretty rose seat covers, mind you they were a bit tough on the bum!, nothing that a bit of padding couldnt put right!.

I still have the milk churns today, they travelled with us when we came to Australia, much to my husbands disbeleif. Unfortunately are going to be placed on ebay over the next coming months. We are having some renovations done to our new house, and the surfboards and boogie boards and bikes are taking preference.  Mind you i may well sneekily keep one at the bottom of the garden, just to remind me of those country days.




I have made up a Bundle of Fat Quarters of the 4 designs i have as well,  makes it a bit easier for choosing.


My old milk Churns

Im thinking i may make some covers for the tops before i sell them on.
Im off now to sew some cushions, have a great day sewing and quilting, or just reading.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous fabric . Wow those milkcans are in good nick , they really won't take up too much room in your garden .

Silver Thread Design said...

Loving the fabric!! I have just nominated you for a Kreativ Blog award head over to get your logo. Have a great weekend.

Vicki said...

Beautiful fabric and love the milk churns. My husband used to use a Guinness Keg (empty of course) as a computer stool with a cushion shoved in the top for comfort, ha!