Saturday, May 9, 2009
How to make Canvas Wall Art
Easy Instructions on how to make a Canvas Wall Art.
What you will need for the job.
Allow 1 hour for your first. A blank canvas ~ available at the cheapie shops. 1m square is approx $25.00 Fabric - enough to cover all round, allow an extra 20cm in length and width. Craft Stapler and staples
Cord or tape to hang your finished artwork
E.g. 1m square canvas, i would need 1.20m length of fabric by 1.20m wide (most furnishing fabrics are 1.35 or more wider.
1. Remove all creases from the fabric.
2. Lay the fabric face down on a clean surface.
3. Place the blank canvas face down on top of the fabric.
4. Position the design to suit, making sure there is enough fabric for edges and turnover .
5. Start at the top and in the centre and gently staple out towards the edges every 3cms or so, stopping about 5cms from the corners.
6. Repeat for the botton, pulling the fabric taught, up till 5cms from corner.
7. Staple the left side firmly by do not pull tight up till 5cm from corner.
8. Staple the righthand side pulling taught, up till 5cm from corner.
9. Neatly fold and staple each corner, trying not to leave any bulges.
Once you have completed one canvas then the next is even easier.