Sunday, December 28, 2008

More Favourites of 2008....



Some more of my favourite fabrics, these will probably be favourites for a long time yet, some are not newly released, just old favs that will be around hopefully forever. I thought i would share some of them with you. My New Summer Arrivals are being added to my web shop and these will get a preview in my next postings.



Marimekko ~ Mini Unikko Raspberry & Red, absolutely timeless and so versatile, this must be one of my favourites. Cushions, bags and dresses look great in this too. And these designs from Maija Isola from the 60s have inspired my passion for fabrics. The Large Unikko is so fabulous, and must be one of the biggest flowers on fabric in the world. I just love it!!


Mini Unikko in Citus, so fresh and vibrant, and a real summer favourite, this just looks wonderful as a table runner.




This beautiful Woodstock Paisley design by Isadora Phoenix is too scrummy for words, i love paisley and these 2 colourways are fab as beach bags or sarongs. The blue & green is an absolute favourite, and has been a very popular purchase for quilters and dressmakers.


Barefoot roses by Tanya Whelan, is so shabby and pink, this cabbage rose comes in a cream background and a baby pink background, and makes fantastic quilts and curtains. A true classic in the shabby world.





Another collection of Tanya Whelan's is Ava Rose and i have some of these in my Shabby Roses Collection and these 2 have been my bestsellers, the aqua in this background is just beautiful, and the roses classic. These roses come in a couple of different background colourways.



Kitchen roses, from the Ava Rose Collection, so fresh and very Cath Kidston style, so would mix very well in Shabby home. this has to be one of her best.


Japanese floral in Charcoal & white, by Surface Art, these lovely large scale prints are stunning as wall art and cushions, 100% cotton drill, I discovered these designs whilst looking for something completely different whilst on holiday at the Sunshine Coast last year. And are very fresh and vibrant.



Japanese floral in Ruby Red & White, couldnt make my mind up which colourway, so have put both again. A large scale flora, these designs work well in all settings, a good friend of mine has this colourway in a large canvas wall art in her hallway which she commissioned me to make, and it does make a great statement.

Well, there we are, the remaining 9 out of 10.

Thanks for looking.
Susie

No comments: